luni, 13 decembrie 2010

Advertising a product


Before starting to analyze my brand I permit myself to give you an advice “Don’t smoke, smoking is bad”.
Now I will start to analyze the brand name Marlboro.
At the time of the brand development Winston Churchill and his cousin, the Duke of Marlborough were involved in establishing a name for the new filter cigarettes. They thought that the name of Marlborough was appropriate for their product and presented to the company. They liked the “Marlborough” name but it was shortened to Marlboro for aesthetic reasons.
The name Marlboro is not translated into Romanian, but it is associated with freedom and with the wild lands on which the cowboys live their lives. The only thing it is in front of them is the horizon and nothing else to stop them following their dreams.


3 comentarii:

  1. Here you need to do a movie about a product,not how you do it.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. If I was smoking I would like Mallboro me too.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. Good advice.I like your description about Marlboro.I'm not a smoker,but I like your brand presentation.

    RăspundețiȘtergere